WESTERN BAKED BEANS- store in mylar or jars
- 6 C Water
- 1 LB Red Beans
- 1/4 C Dehydrated Onion, Rehydrated
- 2 C Dehydrated Tomato Powder
- 1 1/4 C Brown Sugar
- 1 TSP Chili Powder
- 3/4 C Yoders Bacon or Bacon Bits Textured Vegetable Protein
- SALT AND PEPPER TO TASTE
1. Soak Beans overnight or simmer for about 2 hours until soft.
2. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes with salt and onions until tender. Drain.
3. Add remaining ingredients.
4. Blend well.
5. Place in casserole dish.
6. Bake 4-5 hours at 275°F.