SHRIMP JAMBALAYA- store in mylar or jars
- 1/2 C Dehydrated or Freeze Dried Onion
- 1/2 C Freeze Dried Celery
- 1/2 C Freeze Dried Green Bell Pepper
- 2 TBSP Clarified Butter
- 6-8 SLICES Chopped Yoders Bacon
- 3 C Chicken and/or Vegetable Broth
- 2-3 TBSP Chicken Broth Seasoning
- 1 1/2 C Rice
- 2 TSP Cajun Spice Mix
- 1/2 TSP Worchestershire Sauce (Optional)
- 2 C Freeze Dried Tomato
- 1 1/2 C Freeze Dried Corn
- 1 C Freeze Dried Cooked Shrimp
- 1 C Freeze Dried Sausage (optional)
- 1 C Freeze Dried White Chicken (Optional)
1. Reconstitute onions, celery, and bell peppers in 2 cups warm water for 5 minutes. Strain, set liquid aside for later.
2. In a large pot, saute onions, celery, and bell pepper in clarified butter for 3-5 minutes. Add Yoder’s Bacon and continue to saute for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add enough water to the leftover broth from the vegetables to total 3 cups. Add 2-3 tablespoon chicken broth seasoning to liquid and mix well.
4. Add liquid, rice, spices and Worchestershire sauce to pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15-20 minutes until rice is done.
5. While rice is simmering, reconstitute tomatoes, corn, shrimp, sausage, and chicken. Add to rice when done.
6. Gently stir jambalaya. Cover and let sit 3-5 minutes. Season to taste.